• News Feeds
Page last updated at 09:52 GMT, Friday, 13 April 2012 10:52 UK

Ecclestone gives go-ahead for Bahrain Grand Prix

Advertisement

Motorsport's governing body, the FIA, says the Bahrain Grand Prix will go ahead next weekend after saying it is satisfied that all the proper security measures are in place.

Motorr racing correspondent James Allen told the Today programme's Rob Bonnet that it was given the go ahead following a meeting with Formula One team officials to discuss the Bahrain Formula One race at the Shanghai International Circuit.

Formula One boss Bernie Ecclestone had previously said that he was unable to force teams to participate in this month's Bahrain Grand Prix following a fresh outbreak of violence in the Gulf state.

There have been ongoing clashes between security forces and anti-government protesters in the country which had put the race into question.


Get in touch with Today via email , Twitter or Facebook or text us on 84844.

SEE ALSO

Story Tools

BBC navigation

BBC © 2014 The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.

Americas Africa Europe Middle East South Asia Asia Pacific