DOs and DON'Ts
If you're heading out for a spin on your bike, stick by the following quick rules and you won't go far wrong:
- Wear fluorescent material during the day.
- Wear reflective material at night and in dull/bad weather conditions.
- Tie back long hair as it can blow over your face and stop you seeing properly.
- Put the hood up on a hooded jacket - looking behind you is an essential part of safe cycling and what happens is that your head turns and you only see the inside of the hood.
- Wear long scarves or leave your shoelaces untied - they can get caught in the wheels.
- Wear smooth-soled shoes - they can slip off the pedals.
Back to top