|10 wkd ways to warm up|
|Around the Academy:
Here is a series of warm-up and skipping exercises for all sports that will help you prepare your body for the training session or game.
These exercises are designed to warm-up and stretch all the muscles in the body.
Ideally you should warm-up for around 20-30 minutes.
Remeber that skipping is done in a right-left-right-left rhythm.
Phase one 10 minutes
1. Straight ahead jogging for 15 seconds (s).
2. Shoulders forward. Straight ahead skip with your arms moving around and forward from the shoulders for 30s.
3. Shoulders back. Straight ahead skip - arms moving around and backwards from the shoulders 30s.
4. Wide chest extension. Straight ahead skip - arms wide moving backwards and forward from the shoulders -30s
5. High back extension. Straight ahead skip - arms stretched out moving up and down alternatively from the shoulders for 30s.
6. Side shoulder stretch. Straight ahead skip - arms stretched out moving together to the left and right of the torso.
Do this in the skipping rhythm from the shoulders for 30s.
7. Arm waving. Do a sideways skip with your arms wide moving up and down in rhythm for 30s.
Do it again facing the opposite direction.
8. High knees. Straight ahead jogging and at on the coach's command the players perform knees-up on the spot - knees 90 degrees, arms pumping at the side.
Do this for 15 seconds and repeat 4 times
9. Torso Twists. Straight ahead jogging - on the coach's command the players perform torso twists on the spot.
Keep your arms loose moving side to side with the rhythm.
Do this for 15 seconds and repeat four times.
10. Butt kicks. Straight ahead jogging - on the coach's command the players perform butt kicks while running.
Make sure your ankles touching the bottom with your arms pumping at the side. Do this for 15 seconds and repeat 4 times.