This is the simple alternative to the Bleep test which you can do in your own back garden.
Tim Henman often does this shuttle test to improve his fitness on court.
All you need is a stop watch and two markers.
- Put two cones or markers 20 metres apart.
- See how many shuttle runs you can do in the space of one minute. Make sure you are running right to the cones. NO shortcuts!
- Have one minute's rest and then try and beat that score.
Tim shows his sprinting skills
- Have another one minute rest and try again.
- Continue this until you have done it five times. Note down your results and work out how many runs you did in the five minutes of shuttles.
- See if you can beat that total the next time.
Back to top