|Do you know much about Tiger?|
|Around the Academy:
Tiger Woods is still dominating the world of golf so the Academy brings you the ultimate lowdown on the American superstar.
We've got a fact for every hole on the golf course.
1. His real name is Eldrick Woods, the name was chosen by his mother Kultida.
2. His father Earl was a Lieutenant Colonel in the US Army and served in Vietnam.
A Vietnamese colleague called Nguyen Phong, but nicknamed Tiger by Woods, saved Earl's life from a sniper and then a snake and he vowed that if he had another son he would name him Tiger.
3. Tiger's mother Kultida met Earl when he was posted to Bangkok, Thailand while serving in the army.
4. Earl had been a catcher at Kansas State University and only took up golf a year before Tiger was born.
5. Greg Norman became Tiger's first golfing idol after the youngster watched the Australian win the Open Championship in 1986.
Later as a 16 year old he was to play eight holes with Norman during an invitational golf outing.
6. His early version of golf was to hit a tennis ball around the family home with the hose of his mother's vacuum cleaner.
7. As a boy Tiger's mother would confiscate his golf clubs to punish him if he got into trouble.
8. Earl took out a second mortgage and a home equity loan to pay for father and son to travel to tournaments.
Later on at Tiger's request they travelled a day early to allow him time for a practice round.
9. Tiger was just like any other American teenager, listing The Simpsons among his television favourites and enjoying a McDonalds.
He went to play a tournament in France aged 18 and insisted on eating every meal in McDonalds, on the one occasion he didn't he took sick.
10. Tiger ran the wrath of his mother regularly by chipping balls around inside the house, but with no margin for error it was ideal for perfecting his skills.
11. After losing by one shot in a two hole exhibition with top America professional Sam Snead, six-year-old Tiger accepted the legend's autograph and returned the favour by presenting Snead with his in return.
12. Tiger's sponsorship deal with Nike is the most lucrative endorsement contract in sporting history.
13. He lost just one out of 19 matchplay contests in the summer of 1994, winning a number of competitions and received a letter of congratulations from President Bill Clinton.
14. Tiger was given the freedom of his home city of Cypress, Orange County, California in 1994.
15. When Tiger won the 2001 US Masters at Augusta he became the first player to hold all four Majors at the same time.
16. Not many people are aware that Tiger's eyesight is far from perfect, from a young age he has worn contact lenses and is hardly ever seen in public wearing glasses.
17. Tiger's motto, given to him by his father, is: 'Let your clubs speak for you.'
18. He first played the US Masters in Augusta in 1995, taking time out from University to play.