|Ten reasons to rave about Earnie!|
|Around the Academy:
He's the pocket-sized striker who's the hottest property in Welsh football.
Need any more reasons to rave about West Brom's Robert Earnshaw?
Here are 10 to be getting on with...
1. Robert Earnshaw was born in Zambia, home of the spectacular Victoria Falls and Zambezi River.
2.He was eight years old when he and his mother left Africa and settled in south Wales. His dad died just before the family emigrated.
3. It's in the genes! Both of Earnshaw's parents were keen footballers. But did you know his mum Rita was also a boxer?
4. Earnie was 16 when he joined Cardiff City as a YTS trainee. He became a full-time pro in August 1998.
5. Five years later, the strike sensation helped City secure promotion to Division One.
What's more he did it in style, breaking long-standing club records by racking up a stunning 35-goal tally during the season.
6. Robert's move to West Bromwich Albion for £3m fulfilled a life-long dream to play in the Premiership. Wales manager Mark Hughes thinks he can score goals in any league.
7. Earnshaw came to worldwide attention when he scored a spectacular winning goal on his debut for Wales against Germany in May 2002.
8. A photograph of his acrobatic goal celebration was later used by a Korean newspaper to publicise the World Cup being hosted in the Far East that summer.
The Korean Herald reckoned the snap summed up the pure enjoyment of the game.
And apparently some of the Korean players were so enthused they soon started to copy Earnie's method of celebration!
9. Earnie went on a goal spree during Wales' four-goal win over Scotland last February, becoming the first person to score a hat-trick at the Millennium Stadium.
It also made him the first Welsh player since Ian Rush 12 years ago to score a senior international hat-trick.
Here's hoping there's more to come!
10. Earnie reckons if he could swap places for the day it would be with hip hop legend Pharrell Williams.
Rock da mike Earnie!