|Jordan the icon|
|Around the Academy:
31. Nike's Air Jordan trainers made $130m (£90m) in their first year of sales.
32.There have been XVIII incarnations of the shoe, ranging in price from $65-200 (£45-140).
33. Air Jordan XIs are the most popular to date at $125 (£88) each pair.
34. Fortune magazine estimated in 1998 that MJ had already helped to generate $10bn (£7bn) in revenue for basketball.
35. He appeared in two separate advertising campaigns during Super Bowl XXXVII.
36. Jordan has graced the front cover of Sports Illustrated 51 times, more than any other athlete.
37: Famed for eating steak before games, Jordan now owns a chain of steakhouses.
38. During the 1992 gold-medal ceremony at the Barcelona Olympics, MJ draped the Stars and Stripes over the Reebok logo on his uniform to avoid controversy with Nike.
39. Jordan is a two-times Olympic gold medallist, having also co-captained an amateur US team to glory in Los Angeles in 1984.
40. And he also took on the cartoon world at basketball, starring alongside Bugs Bunny in the smash-hit feature film, Space Jam.