Shane Warne has decided not to appeal against the 12-month suspension he was handed last week after testing positive for a banned drug.
Warne has gone back on his initial decision to appeal
The 33-year-old Australian spin bowler, one of Wisden's five cricketers of the 20th Century, announced his decision in a statement on Wednesday.
After an Australian Cricket Board tribunal delivered its decision, Warne said he was devastated and planned to appeal the severity of the 12-month suspension.
However, he has since decided to accept the punishment.
Warne said: "Although I find this penalty very harsh and I am extremely disappointed that this has happened I have decided that I no longer want to put my family under even more stress.
"Enough is enough. I have decided to take the decision of the committee on the chin and try to move on and deal with it the best way I can."
Warne's statement came little more than an hour after the evidence he gave at his disciplinary hearing was heavily criticised by Australian cricket chiefs.
But the 33-year-old hit back at suggestions that he had not been "entirely truthful" with his evidence.
"I am disappointed that the committee has said that my evidence was vague and unsatisfactory," Warne said.
"Both my mother and I gave honest accounts under oath. The fact this has been brought into question is unfair."
Warne flew home from the World Cup two weeks ago after being told about his positive drugs test.
He claimed he took a fluid-reducing tablet to improve his appearance without knowing it contained a banned substance.
Warne said he would now be looking at other work opportunities over the next 12 months, but was not retiring from cricket.
"I can say that I am definitely going to give it my best shot to get back to the top and will continue to train hard, work on my bowling and experiment with new deliveries," he said.