In pictures: St Andrews history & landmarks
In the beginning

The fabled links was granted to the town as common land by King David in the 12th century.

Since then it has been used for many diverse activities including sheep grazing and rabbit farming.

Golf began in about 1400 but was banned by King James II in 1457 because it distracted men from archery practice.

Click below for more images
BACK
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12