Annacone was made LTA head coach in 2006
Paul Annacone has quit his role as head of British men's tennis, the Lawn Tennis Association said on Sunday.
The announcement came days after the American was hired by world number two Roger Federer as his coach.
There were fears of a conflict of interest should the Swiss player meet British number one Andy Murray at the US Open.
Annacone, 47, took up his LTA role in 2006 and was due to step down when his contract expires in November 2010.
LTA player director Steven Martens said: "Paul was always going to be moving on in November. But we were aware we would need to keep it under constant review to avoid any potential conflict of interest.
"I would like once again to thank Paul for all he has done for British tennis. He leaves with our best wishes."
Annacone announced in May 2010 that he would step down from his LTA role.
He was recruited by Federer after a successful trial period.
The Swiss, who is aiming for his 17th Grand Slam title at the US Open, could meet Murray during the tournament at Flushing Meadows.
The American coach said after taking on his role with Federer: "Sure, it [the roles with Federer and the LTA] looks like a conflict of interest. But if you look at what my agreement says and what the situation is with my employment and my role at the LTA, it isn't."
Annacone has previously worked with Pete Sampras, Tim Henman and Marat Safin.
He announced his decision to quit his LTA position in May 2010, stating: "I think we have laid solid foundations for an exciting and successful long-term future for men's tennis in Britain and I am proud to have played my part."
The American was made Great Britain's Davis Cup team coach in April 2008 and quit the position in March, along with captain John Lloyd.
The team lost all four of the Davis Cup ties that Annacone was involved in, including a humiliating 3-2 defeat by Lithuania.