Wimbledon: Monday 23 June to Sunday 6 July
Coverage: BBC TV, BBCi, Radio 5 Live and the BBC Sport website.
Stepanek reached the Wimbledon quarter-finals in 2006
Radek Stepanek has pulled out of the Slazenger Open in Nottingham with a rib injury and admits he is "scared" he may have to withdraw from Wimbledon.
The Czech, a Wimbledon quarter-finalist in 2006 and seeded 16th this year, will undergo scans to assess his fitness.
"It's not a great moment for this to happen and now I'm scared if I'm going to be playing Wimbledon," he said.
Ex-Wimbledon champion Amelie Mauresmo also retired hurt from her match at Eastbourne but expects to recover.
The Frenchwoman, who won Wimbledon in 2006, was leading 2-1 against Australia's
Samantha Stosur in the second round of the event when she suffered a left thigh strain.
"I didn't feel like taking any risks before Wimbledon next week," said Mauresmo. "I am of course disappointed but I felt I had to make the decision to stop it here."
Stepanek had been the top seed in Nottingham after a decent run of form on the tour.
The 29-year-old beat Roger Federer to reach the semi-finals of the Rome Masters and took David Ferrer to five sets in the fourth round of the French Open.
"I love to play on the grass so it's disappointing," said Stepanek. "I hope in four or five days I'll recover."
Stepanek had been aiming to climb back into the world's top 10 with a positive performance at Wimbledon.
Former champion Lindsay Davenport is also hopeful of being fit for Wimbledon despite withdrawing from Eastbourne with a knee injury earlier this week.
The 32-year-old, who won Wimbledon in 1999 and Eastbourne in 2001, missed the French Open and last played in April.
Davenport injured her right knee in practice over the weekend.
"I look forward to it getting better and resting and, of course, being able to play next week at Wimbledon," said the American.
"Fortunately the pain isn't in the spot where my previous injury was.
"I'm confident I can play (at Wimbledon) because I really want to, and I'm going to hope that a couple of days rest will calm it down."
Former world number one Carlos Moya and Argentine pair Juan Ignacio Chela and Juan Monaco withdrew earlier in the week with injuries.
Moya, 31, who is now ranked 40th in the world, has an injured shoulder.
The clay-court specialist has never progressed beyond the fourth round and has only played at the All England Club twice in the previous six years.
World number 17 Monaco is out with a back injury while Chela, ranked world number 53, has a shoulder problem.
Martin Vassallo Arguello and Brian Dabul, both of Argentina, and Croatia's Roko Karanusic will replace the injured trio in the main draw.
Meanwhile, Japan's Akiko Morigami has pulled out of the women's singles with an injured knee and is replaced by the Czech Republic's Renata Voracova.