Greg Rusedski has urged the men's tour governing body to take action to end uncertainty over drugs in tennis.
Rusedski, who was cleared last week of doping after a positive test, revealed on Tuesday he had not ruled out legal action against the ATP.
"I knew I was innocent from day one," he said. "I came out fighting. I knew I'd done nothing wrong."
The ATP said it "welcomed his willingness to assist us in getting to the bottom of the situation".
Rusedski said the whole experience of his positive test, and subsequent clearing, had been "extremely difficult" and he hoped he could work with an ATP task force to ensure no-one else had to go through a similar ordeal.
"We're trying to get to an agreement between us and I'd like to get involved with the ATP.
"The players need to understand what's going on and it's important that we
work together to find a way to resolve this," he said.
Bohdan Ulihrach, one of seven players accused and later cleared of similar charges last year, is reported to have accepted a settlement, though the ATP has never confirmed this.
"They have to be able to do something to get my career on track," said Rusedski.
"I haven't played on the circuit."
He also said the lack of match practice would limit his participation in Great Britain's upcoming Davis Cup tie with Luxembourg, but he was keen to help the team in any way he could.
"I don't know if my fitness will be good enough. I've spoken to our captain Jeremy Bates and I'm more than willing to be there if my fitness allows."
Bates seemed optimistic about Rusedski's chances of being fit in time for the match.
"I don't think anyone can imagine the emotions he's been through," he said.
"Everyone would want him there as he's a consummate professional.
"He's a great influence on all the other members of the team, his doubles record is particularly good. Although his body's sore, he's injury free and he's keen to play.," he added.
"I have no hesitation in the time we've got that he'll
get into shape."
Rusedski was also keen to reassure his fans he had no plans for imminent retirement, with Wimbledon remaining his main incentive.
"I would love to have two more shots at Wimbledon," he said.
"I love going on out on Centre Court and having the British public behind me. There's no better place. I plan to play for the next year and a half and see after that."