BBC Weather

SERVICES 

Tim Henman
Answers your emails
 real 56k

Friday, 20 July, 2001, 12:22 GMT 13:22 UK
Q&A: Tim Henman
Tim Henman answers your emails
Henmania has hit BBC Sport Online as we gave you the chance to quiz Britain's number one tennis player.

• real 56k Click here to watch

The thrills and spills of Wimbledon culminated in three days of nail-biting semi-final action for the Hemaniacs.

The British number one was ousted by eventual champion Goran Ivanisevic in the marathon match few fans will forget.

But Tim has dusted himself down and joined us to answer your queries.

• real 56k Click here to watch

Ben, UK

When you were younger did you have to put up with older members throwing you off the court so they could have a game?

Sometimes. I think that's something we are trying to get away from, and giving the younger kids priority in the clubs but I think it's an ongoing problem.

Chris Revill, UK

Does the fact that Ivanisevic won his first Major at 29 inspire you to win Wimbledon even more?

I don't need extra inspiration, there's plenty there already. But it just goes to show, it doesn't matter what age you are, if you're 15 or 55, as long as you win it, that's the most important thing.

Felicity, UK

What does it feel like to be sitting on court having loads of strangers shouting your name? Does it help or hinder?

It definitely helps, but it's pretty weird. I first went to Wimbledon when I was five, saw the whole scene and wanted to be a part of it and 20 years on to be sitting there and have people chanting your name is strange. But I recommend it!

TJ, UK

Who would rather have as your doubles partner, Rafter or Ivanisevic?

I suppose if Ivanisevic could guarantee he was going to continue serving so well, I'd choose him, but I'd probably choose Rafter.

• Links to more Forum stories are at the foot of the page.

E-mail this story to a friend

Links to more Forum stories

^^ Back to top