Former Welsh Rugby Union secretary Bill Clement has died at the age of 91.
Ex-Llanelli captain Clement made six appearances for Wales between 1937-8 and toured with the Lions in South Africa in 1938, playing six matches.
He was WRU secretary 1956-81, and will be remembered with treasurer Ken Harris for helping to oversee the rebuilding of the old Cardiff Arms Park.
"Bill Clement was a great servant to Wales as player and administrator," said WRU boss Roger Lewis.
Bill commanded huge respect both at home and around the rugby playing world
"He had the most famous and recognised signature in the game because it appeared on the bottom of every Welsh rugby international ticket during his 25-year tenure as secretary.
"During his time in office the WRU led the world game in the coaching revolution, rebuilt the Arms Park and won three Grand Slams.
"He commanded huge respect both at home and around the rugby playing world.
Clement will be remembered for his work on Cardiff Arms Park
"Our thoughts are with his family at this difficult time and our thanks go out to him for the service he gave to our game."
Born on 9 April, 1915, Clement attended the Llanelli County School and briefly played for Felinfoel before joining the Scarlets.
He won his six Welsh caps from Llanelli and was their captain in the 1938-9 season.
During the Second World War he served as a major in the fourth battalion of the Welch Regiment and was awarded the Military Cross in 1944 after the Battle of the Bulge.
He was awarded the OBE for his services to rugby in the New Years Honours list in 1981.