Dallaglio has been brought in to help repair rugby's reputation
Former England captain Lawrence Dallaglio has been included in a 13-man Rugby Football Union task group set up in response to recent scandals.
Rugby's image has been hit by incidents such as Harlequins' fake blood injury, eye-gouging, and the suspension of five Bath players for drug-related issues.
The task group will conduct a thorough review of all issues in the game in an effort to clean up the sport.
A series of recommendations will be delivered by 30 September.
The group will be led by RFU president John Owen and also includes RFU elite rugby director and ex-England fly-half Rob Andrew, Bath prop and players' union chairman David Barnes, Worcester owner Cecil Duckworth OBE and chairman of London Irish Andrew Coppel.
RFU chief executive Francis Baron said: "The RFU has been very clear that we needed to act quickly at a game-wide level to ensure that recent events can never happen again.
"The Image of the Game Task Group includes the people we believe can help us do that and we will also work closely with the International Rugby Board (IRB) in support of their initiatives in this area.
"This is not a disciplinary panel set up to take action against clubs and players, the RFU disciplinary process will handle that should it be necessary. Nor will it be a talking shop.
"It will be focussed on the issues at hand and actionable solutions. We will do whatever it takes to rebuild the reputation of the sport and that work starts now."
He added on BBC Radio 5 live: "I've been inundated with emails and letters from people who are concerned and do not understand how, at the top end of the game, things seem to have gone wrong in terms of our core values.
"They are looking for us to put it right and that is what we are going to do. The task group is determined to take action to restore the good image of rugby union."
The objectives for the task group are:
1. To review the impact of recent disciplinary cases on the standing, reputation and image of rugby union.
2. To consider any other evidence of 'cheating' or 'gamesmanship' supplied to the task group involving any of the following:
- Fabricated blood injuries
- Feigned injuries to enable substitutions or gain an unfair advantage
- Other medical interventions with players to gain an unfair competitive advantage
- Events of 'gamesmanship' to gain an unfair competitive advantage
- Unfair interference with the opposition team's operations.
3. Assess the impact of recent events on the game in England and on our commercial partners who support it
4. Review the recommendations of the 'Core Values Task Group' and recommend any additions necessary to incorporate any matters arising out of the above issues
5. Review the management reporting lines in professional clubs and recommend a model for club governance to ensure proper accountability for implementing the Task Group's recommendations
6. Review and update all existing 'Codes of Conduct' in the light of recent incidents
7. Review any professional or ethical issues for doctors, medics and physios arising out of recent events
8. Consider the need to incorporate any additional provisions into the Standard Player Contract and EPS Player Contracts
9. Incorporate as appropriate the findings and conclusions of the Illicit Drugs Forum recently established by the RFU
10. Review our Regulations in the respect of the above issues and recommend any changes or additions necessary to the RFU Council
11. Produce a detailed action plan with target dates for delivery of each element. This action plan will detail clear outcomes, proposed strategies to counter inappropriate practices and any proposals for changes to RFU rules and regulations.
The task group members:
John Owen, President of the RFU (Chairman of the Task Group) Martyn Thomas, Chairman of the RFU Management Board and IRB representative Francis Baron OBE, RFU Chief Executive Cecil Duckworth OBE, Chairman and Owner of Worcester Warriors, PRL board member Andrew Coppel CBE, Chairman of London Irish, PRL board member David Barnes, Bath RFC player and Chairman of the PRA Lawrence Dallaglio OBE , retired player and Board Director at Wasps, a PRL club His Honour Judge Jeff Blackett RFU Disciplinary Officer Bob Rogers RFU Past President and Chairman of the RFU 'Core Values' Task Group Peter Baines Chairman RFU Governance Standing Committee Rob Andrew MBE, RFU Elite Rugby Director Andrew Scoular, RFU Community Rugby Director Peter Thomas, RFU Corporate Communications Director
This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.