Ireland clinched a Six Nations Grand Slam in March
Ireland have ended their interest in co-hosting the 2015 Rugby World Cup.
The Irish Rugby Football Union said it was pulling out of the bidding process, citing the financial downturn.
Ireland had registered an expression of interest with the International Rugby Board in January to make a joint bid alongside England, Wales and Scotland.
But with the IRB demanding an event guarantee of £80m despite the economic downturn, which has hit Ireland badly, the IRFU has had second thoughts.
IRFU chief executive Philip Browne said: "We examined in detail the possibility of other bid options... but these did not satisfy all of the essential criteria for Irish rugby to remain involved in the process."
Scotland pulled out of the running on Wednesday, while England's Rugby Football Union has previously said it would only make a solo bid, meaning Ireland and Wales would have needed to find partner nations to stage the event.
England's own bid has also been cast into doubt, with RFU chief executive Francis Baron telling the BBC that the £80m guarantee is a concern.
Australia withdrew its bid to host the 2015 event last month, again partly because of financial concerns.