Dean Macey's bobsleigh challenge
Former Olympic decathlete Dean Macey has taken to the track again - a bobsleigh track.
The 31-year-old teamed up with ex-sprinter Jason Gardener in a two-man bob to try and qualify for the Winter Olympics in Vancouver in 2010.
And so far the results have been encouraging, with the duo finishing sixth at the British Championships.
Former England rugby union player Dan Luger and ex-Olympic cyclist Craig MacLean also competed but crashed out.
Macey retired from athletics ahead of last summer's Beijing Games after injury wrecked his chances of qualifying.
He was the driver in his bob, with Gardner as the brakeman, and Macey relished every moment.
"It's the maddest, baddest sport I've done and it suited me," he said.
"It was hard, fast, aggressive and rough."
The foursome are being filmed for a BBC documentary to see if they can successfully make the switch from the summer Olympics - and rugby union - to the winter Games.
The programme is on BBC1 on Monday, 16 February for an hour from 10.35pm
Paul Curry, associate sponsorship director of the British Bobsleigh and Skeleton Association, told BBC Sport the men were extremely dedicated and competitive.
They flew out to compete at the track in Cesana, Italy, which was used in the 2006 Winter Olympics.
He said: "They certainly impressed the experienced British bobsleigh crews at the championships.
"Although we knew they would not be challenging for top honours as they had hardly had any training, it seemed everybody took notice of them and it was certainly a wake-up call for the other teams."
Gomer Lloyd, who coaches the top women's British bobsleigh team, was said to be impressed by Macey and Co and believes they have the potential to be top class competitors.
The Winter Olympics are being held in Vancouver, Canada, between 12 and 28 February 2010.