Campbell's match against Michie is under investigation
Snooker's world governing body is to investigate Friday's match between Jimmy Michie and Marcus Campbell because of suspicious betting patterns.
The World Professional Billiards and Snooker Association were contacted by bookmakers concerned about the amount of bets placed on Campbell to win.
Campbell eventually won the one-frame shoot-out in the inaugural World Snooker Shoot-Out in Blackpool 32-21.
WPBSA chairman Jason Ferguson said: "We are treating this with urgency."
The matter has been passed on to David Douglas, the head of the WPBSA's integrity unit.
"Having set up the unit last year, we have the mechanisms in place to make a full investigation," added Ferguson.
The Snooker Player's Association director Les Barton has spoken to both players, who have assured him that they were not involved in any betting irregularities.
"The SPA look forward to a speedy and satisfactory resolution to the hearing that David Douglas is carrying out as this kind of publicity is not good for the sport of snooker," said a statement from the body that represents snooker players.
Snooker has been fighting to restore its reputation after a series of match-fixing allegations in recent years with new chief Barry Hearn promising to rid the game of any wrong-doing.
World number one John Higgins has recently returned from a
for bringing the game into disrepute after the three-times World Champion failed to report an illegal approach made to him to discuss throwing frames.
A News of the World video appeared to show Higgins in discussions with an undercover reporter in Kiev to throw frames in return for £261,000. Higgins was cleared of all match-fixing allegations.
In February 2006, Australian Quinten Hann was handed an
from the sport after being found guilty of plotting to lose a match at the China Open in return for large amounts of money.