The Jockey Club is to launch an investigation into the controversial race at Fontwell on Monday.
Jockey Sean Fox has been banned for 21 days after stewards found him guilty of stepping off his horse.
Fox will appeal against the ban but John Maxse of the Jockey Club said: "We need to clarify if the investigation would impinge on the appeal process."
A newspaper and an on-course bookmaker claimed to have been given information about the result before the race began.
The saga concerns the Cantor Sport Beginners' Chase at Fontwell, when Fox was unseated from his mount Ice Saint when seemingly well set.
Fox, who plans to appeal against the suspension, protested: "I've never been in the stewards' room for stopping a horse and I can't believe these allegations against me."
He had previously ridden the horse at Stratford and Worcester and explained: "When I won at Stratford I went down the inside and stuck to the rail the whole way.
"Then at Worcester I rode him exactly the same way and the horse just cocked its jaw and ran out. I went another four hurdles and I couldn't pull him up.
"There was no inquiry. I made a mistake going down the inside. I was told after the race by Paul Flynn (a jockey for Ice Saint's former trainer) that the horse used to run out at home."
His ban came on the same day champion Flat jockey Kieren Fallon was given a 21-day suspension for breaching riding rules at Lingfield.
The Jockey Club is to investigate claims of race-fixing made by the News of the World against Fallon, who denies any wrongdoing.