Climber Sella holds the King of the Mountains jersey
Italian Emanuele Sella used his climbing expertise to pull clear of the pack and cruise to a solo victory in stage 14 of the Giro d'Italia.
Sella broke away with 34 miles left to race and finished the 121-mile stage in five hours, 37 minutes and 15 seconds.
Vasil Kiryienka was four minutes and 38 seconds adrift and was followed home by Joaquin Rodriquez in third.
Italy's Gabriele Bosisio was more than 10 minutes behind Sella but that was enough to edge into the overall lead.
The LPR Brakes rider is five seconds ahead of 2007 Tour de France champion Alberto Contador with Gabriele Visconti, the leader for the previous eight stages, dropping to tenth, 1:35 back.
The Giro continues on Sunday with another mountain stage from Arabba to Passo Fedaia that include five steep climbs.
Stage 14 results:
1. Emanuele Sella (Ita/CSF-Navigare) 5:37.14
2. Vasil Kiryienka (Bel/Tinkoff Credit Systems) @ 4:38
3. Joaquin Rodriguez Oliver (Spa/Caisse d'Epargne) @ 5:08
4. Jose Rujano Guillen (Ven/Caisse d'Epargne) @ 5:44
5. Paolo Bettini (Ita/Quick Step) @ 7:59
6. Denis Menchov (Rus/Rabobank) @ 8:48
7. Franco Pellizotti (Ita/Liquigas) @ 8:57
8. Riccardo Ricco (Ita/Saunier Duval) same time
9. Gilberto Simoni (Ita/Diquigiovanni) @ 9:01
10. Jurgen Van Den Broeck (Bel/Silence-Lotto) same time
1. Gabriele Bosisio (Ita) 63 hours, 10 minutes, 47 seconds
2. Alberto Contador (Spa) @ 5 seconds
3. Marzio Bruseghin (Ita) @ 28
4. Riccardo Ricco (Ita) @ 1:02
5. Danilo Di Luca (Ita) @ 1:07
6. Andreas Kloden (Ger) @ 1:11
7. Denis Menchov (Rus) @ 1:18
8. Gilberto Simoni (Ita) @ 1:31
9. Franco Pellizotti (Ita) @ 1:32
10. Giovanni Visconti (Ita) @ 1:35