Italian Paolo Bettini claimed the second stage of the Tour of Spain.
Bettini is now second in the overall standings
Bettini won a sprint finish to the 106-mile stage from Malaga to Cordoba ahead of Norwegian Thor Hushovd with another Italian, Luca Paolini, third.
Hushovd takes the overall leader's gold jersey, two seconds ahead of Bettini, with Australian Stuart O'Grady third a further five seconds adrift.
Monday's third stage, covering 132 miles from Cordoba to Almendralejo, is the longest of the 21-leg race.
Stage Two results:
1. Paolo Bettini (Italy/Quick-Step) 4:19:31"
2. Thor Hushovd (Norway/Credit Agricole) same time
3. Luca Paolini (Italy/Liquigas) same time
4. Robbie McEwen (Australia/Davitamon-Lotto) same time
5. Uros Murn (Slovenia/Phonak) same time
6. Francisco Ventoso (Spain/Saunier Duval) same time
7. Inaki Isasi (Spain/Euskaltel) same time
8. Bernhard Eisel (Austria/Francaise des Jeux) same time
9. Jean-Patrick Nazon (France/AG2R) same time
10. Erik Zabel (Germany/Milram) same time
1. Thor Hushovd (Norway/Credit Agricole) 4:27:00"
2. Paolo Bettini (Italy/Quick-Step) +2"
3. Stuart O'Grady (Australia/Team CSC) +7"
4. Lars Bak (Denmark/Team CSC) same time
5. Kurt-Asle Arvesen (Norway/Team CSC) same time
6. Nicki Sorensen (Denmark/Team CSC) same time
7. Marcus Ljungqvist (Sweden/Team CSC) same time
8. Inigo Cuesta (Spain/Team CSC) same time
9. Vladimir Gustov (Ukraine/Team CSC) same time
10. Fabian Cancellara (Switzerland/Team CSC) +11"