Thor Hushovd won his first green jersey for leading sprinter after finishing seventh in the final stage of the 2005 Tour de France on the Champs Elysees.
The Norwegian rider had been in the driving seat on the final day of the competition, with a comfortable margin on Stuart O'Grady and Robbie McEwen.
And despite finishing behind the Australian duo on the final stage, it was enough for the green jersey.
McEwen beat O'Grady in the final sprint but it was not enough to take second.
Final sprint standings:
1. Thor Hushovd (Nor) Credit Agricole 194 points
2. Stuart O'Grady (Aus) Cofidis 182
3. Robbie McEwen (Aus) Davitamon-Lotto 178
4. Alexandre Vinokourov (Kaz) T-Mobile 158
5. Allan Davis (Aus) Liberty-Seguros 130
6. Oscar Pereiro (Spa) Phonak 118
7. Robert Forster (Ger) Gerolsteiner 101
8. Lance Armstrong (US) Discovery 93
9. Baden Cooke (Aus) Francaise des Jeux 91
10. Bernhard Eisel (Aut) Francaise des Jeux 88