Davitamon rider Robbie McEwen emerged triumphant in a sprint finish to claim the 208km fourth stage of the Tour of Switzerland on Tuesday.
McEwen outsprinted Daniele Colli and Aurelien Clerc to victory
The Australian held off Daniele Colli of Italy and Swiss Aurelien Clerc to win the leg from Vaduz to Bad Zurzach.
But Germany's Jan Ullrich retained the overall lead after finishing in the same time as McEwen.
Bradley McGee is two seconds behind Ullrich, with fellow Australian Michael Rogers third at 18 seconds.
Wednesday's 176km fifth stage is another leg suited to the sprinters, from Bad Zurzach to Altdorf.
Result from fourth stage of Tour of Switzerland:
1. Robbie McEwen (Aus) 4hr 42min 40sec
2. Daniele Colli (Ita)
3. Aurelien Clerc (Swi)
4. Tom Boonen (Bel)
5. Sebastien Hinault (Fra)
6. Baden Cooke (Aus)
7. Rene Haselbacher (Aut)
8. Fabian Wegmann (Ger)
9. David Loosli (Swi)
10. Roger Hammond (Gbr) all same time
75. Charles Wegelius (Gbr)
Overall standings after four stages:
1. Jan Ullrich (Ger) 13:13.50
2. McGee (Aus) +2secs
3. Michael Rogers (Aus) +18
4. Dario Frigo (Ita) +1:12
5. Beat Zberg (Swi) +1:14
6. Fabian Jeker (Swi) +1:25
7. Georg Totschnig (Aut) +1:31
8. Fraenk Schleck (Lux) +1:44
9. Patrik Sinkewitz (Ger) +1:47
10. Aitor Gonzalez (Spa) +1:52
20. Charles Wegelius (Gbr) +2:47
116. Roger Hammond (Gbr) +15:39