Spain's Pedro Diaz Lobato won the 18th stage of the Tour of Spain following a solo breakaway.
Nozal retained the leader's jersey
The Paternina team rider crossed the finish alone in just over three hours, 44 seconds ahead of a small chasing group.
Long-time race leader Isidro Nozal, of ONCE, retained his jersey after coming home 58 seconds off the pace.
Lobato broke away about 20 kilometres from the finish line and his win is the Paternina team's biggest of the year.
1. Pedro Diaz Lobato, (Spa) ALM, 3 hours 7 minutes 47 seconds
2. Constantino Zaballa (Spa) KEL, 44 secs behind
3. José Luis Arietta (Spa) BAN, same time
4. Raphael Schweda (Ger) TBI, same time
5. José Garica Acosta (Spa) BAN, same time
6 Iñaki Isasi (Spa) EUS same time
7. Joan Horrach (Spa) MIL, same time
8. Oscar Laguna (Spa) CRF, 52 secs behind
9. Carlos Garica Quesada (Spa) KEL, 56 secs behind
10. Erik Zabel (Ger) TEL, 58 secs behind
1. Isidro Nozal (Spa) ONE, 61 hours, 20 minutes, 42 secs
2. Igor Glez Galdeano (Spa) ESP, ONE 3 mins, 3 secs behind
3. Roberto Heras, (Spa) USP, 3 mins, 9 secs behind
4. Manuel Beltran (Spa) USP, 5 mins, 16 secs behind
5. Alejandro Valverde (Spa) KEL, 5 mins, 55 secs behind
6. Francisco Mancebo (Spa) BAN, 6 mins, 27 secs behind
7. Michael Rasmussen (Den) RAB 7 mins, 25 secs behind
8. Luis Perez (Spa) COF, 8 mins, 51 secs behind
9. Unai Osa (Spa) BAN, 8 mins, 57 secs behind
10. Felix Cardenas (Col) L2C, 9 mins, 28 secs behind.