Erik Zabel took full advantage of Tuesday's rest day to sprint to victory on stage 11 of the Tour of Spain.
The German was in a 30-man group that swept past breakaway riders David Etxebarria and Santos Gonzalez 500 metres from the finish in Cuenca, Spain.
And Zabel showed his usual pace and power to fend off Belgian Tom Boonen and Spaniard Angel Edo at the end of the 162-km stage.
It was Zabel's second straight stage success, after he pipped sprint rival Alessandro Petacchi by one bike length on Monday.
Spain's Isidro Nozal retained his overall race lead, while compatriots Igor Gonzalez de Galdeano and Manuel Beltran hung on to the other podium positions.
Stage 11 result:
1. Erik Zabel (Ger) Telekom, 3 hours 14 minutes and 59 seconds
2. Tom Boonen (Bel) Quick Step-Davitamon
3. Angel Edo (Spa) Milaneza-MSS
4. Alejandro Valverde (Spa) Kelme-Costa Blanca
5. Francisco Mancebo (Spa) Ibanesto.com
6. Gorka Gonzalez (Spa) Euskaltel-Euskadi
7. Stefano Casagranda (Ita) Alessio
8. George Hincapie (USA) US Postal
9. Jose Jufre (Spa) Relax-Fuenlabrada
10. Michael Rasmussen (Den) Rabobank
1. Isidro Nozal (Spa) ONCE, 37 hours 12 minutes and 40 seconds
2. Igor Gonzalez de Galdeano (Spa) ONCE at 1:48
3. Manuel Beltran (Spa) US Postal at 3.03
4. Dario Frigo (Ita) Fassa Bortolo at 3:05
5. Roberto Heras (Spa) US Postal-Berry Floor at 3:28
6. Francisco Mancebo (Spa) Ibanesto.com at 3:40
7. Alejandro Valverde (Spa) Kelme at 3:57
8. Aitor Gonzalez (Spa) Fassa Bortolo at 4:00
9. Michael Rasmussen (Den) Rabobank at 4:04
10. Unai Osa (Spa) Ibanesto.com at 4:14