Mourant and Rankine lead from start to finish in St Aubin to Gorey
Tracy Mourant and Karen Rankine took top honours in Sunday's St Aubin to Gorey rowing race.
The ladies pair held off a strong late attack from Team Horizon KB, a men's fours crew.
The ladies built on their early start position in the staggered handicap event and led from start to finish.
"I am thrilled to bits," Mourant told BBC Radio Jersey. "It was tough conditions but the westerly actually made it easier than expected."
Team Horizon KB made the race interesting with a fast finish but in the end the ladies pair held on to win by 30 seconds.
Mourant added: "If there'd been another forty strokes in the race, they would have have caught us."
Rough conditions around the headlands made rowing dangerous, with at least three boats having close encounters with submerged rocks, but all the teams finished safely.
The rowers next face the Atlantic when they race 19 miles across open sea from Dixicart Bay to Bonne Nuit in the Annual Sark to Jersey Rowing Challenge on Saturday 30 August.
1. Tracy Mourant & Karen Rankine 1.30.54 hr (L2S)
2. Team Horizon KB 1.31.22 (M4S)
3. Islands Insurance 1.34.23 (L4S)
4. Me & The Farmer 1.35.35 (L2S)
5. Paul Coutanche & James Salkeld 1.35.47 (M2S)
6. Brewin Dolphin 1.37.39 (M4S)
7. Just Do It 1.37.48 (M4S)
8. Teamwork Challenge 1.38.43 (M4S)
9. The Bettys 1.43.47 (L4S)
10. David Troy & crew 1.44.20 (M4FX)
11. Colin Jennet & Georgia Le Huray 1.52.10 (MX2S)
12. Clive Russel & Paul Culnane 2.04.21 (M2S)
13. Sue Powell & Tania Angell 2.09.11 (L2S)