Using World Class 2012 Assembly Kits
Teachers are encouraged to use the Assembly Kits in any setting where student and teacher discussion takes place. Pick and choose whichever materials suit your school.
Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural (SMSC) development - the assemblies can be used to support SMSC development in schools.
Collective Worship - the assemblies can be used as part of your school's Collective Worship.
Assembly kit components
- video clips
- scripts and discussion prompts
- an Assembly Question
Assembly Question results
Ask for a show of hands to the Assembly Question. Email
with the majority vote from your school within one month of delivering the assembly. Results will be displayed online to connect the assemblies together.
Working with your partner school
Assemblies can be a project that you work on with your twin school. After delivering the assembly discuss the theme together.
Assembly Kits in practice - suggested formats
1. Using the videos
- Use the teacher's scripts to introduce the video clip.
- After watching the clip discuss them using the prompts.
- Ask for a show of hands in response to our Assembly Question. Email
with your school's answer.
2. Follow up assembly with a tutorial session
Following up the assembly with a small group session allowed the students to think about the theme as it relates to them in more detail
- Deliver the assembly as explained above.
- Discuss the topic in-depth in groups. For example, taking the theme of 'Dreams' in the
Shawn Johnson assembly
ask students to think about their goals and the steps they need to take to achieve them. This could include written or art work and be something that they return to in future to reflect on their progress.
If you have any other suggestions for using the resources please contact