Guerlain Chicherit won the 14th stage of the Dakar Rally but his maiden win was overshadowed by the death of a child for the second day running.
France's Chicherit battles on in his BMW
The 12-year-old boy was reportedly hit by a support lorry. A 10-year-old boy was hit by a competing car on Friday.
South Africa's Alfie Cox was second and America's Marc Miller was third.
Luc Alphand retained the overall lead and is nearly 18 minutes ahead of South Africa's Giniel de Villiers with one stage remaining.
In the bike category, France's David Fretigne took the stage, with Spain's Marc Coma in second place, 33 seconds behind.
Coma retained the overall lead and is comfortably ahead of France's Cyril Despres, who is 1:13:29 back.
Saturday's fatal accident occurred on a road reserved for support vehicles, organisers said in a statement.
Police were investigating the accident, which occurred between Tambacounda and Dakar.
The race ends on Sunday with a 19m (31km) run to Lac Rose, a pink lake east of Dakar.
Stage 14 result:
1. Guerlain Chicherit (Fra) BMW 2 hrs 36 mins 33 secs
2. Alfie Cox (SA) BMW 2:39:46
3. Mark Miller (USA) Volkswagen 2:41:40
4. Jean-Louis Schlesser (Fra) Schlesser-Ford 2:46:18
5. Giniel de Villiers (SA) Volkswagen 2:47:05
6. Philippe Gache (Fra) Buggy 2:48:49
7. Thierry Magnaldi (Fra) Schlesser-Ford 2:50:29
8. Luc Alphand (Fra) Mitsubishi 2:51:25
9. Eric Vigouroux (Fra) Chevrolet 2:53:30
10. Josep-Maria Servia (Spa) Schlesser-Ford 2:54:35
1. Luc Alphand (Fra) Mitsubishi 53 hrs 47 mins 32 secs
2. Giniel de Villiers (SA) Volkswagen 54:05:25
3. Nani Roma (Spa) Mitsubishi 55:38:10
4. Stephane Peterhansel (Fra) Mitsubishi 57:07:56
5. Mark Miller (USA) Volkswagen 57:10:57
Stage 14 motorcycle result:
1. David Fretigne (Fra) Yamaha 3:16:59
2. Marc Coma (Spa) KTM 3:17:32
3. Gerard Farres (Spa) Yamaha 3:33:58
4. Janis Vinters (Lat) KTM 3:39:56
5. Frans Verhoeven (Holl) Yamaha 3:40:53
6. Chris Blais (USA) KTM 3:41:36
7. Henk Knuiman (Holl) Yamaha 3:44:00
8. Akos Varga (Hun) KTM 3:44:08
9. Guillaume Floirac (Fra) KTM 3:46:25
10. Laurent Lazard (Uru) KTM 3:47:07
Overall motorcycle standings:
1. Marc Coma (Spa) KTM 55:27:17
2. Cyril Despres (Fra) KTM 56:40:46
3. Giovanni Sala (Ita) KTM 57:57:05
4. Chris Blais (USA) KTM 58:03:35
5. Carlo de Gavardo (Chi) KTM 58:50:04