Senna is running out of options for next season
Bruno Senna says he is struggling to keep his Formula 1 career alive after Hispania ruled him out of the running for their second race seat this season.
"I can definitely say that Bruno is not going to race for Hispania next season," said team boss Colin Kolles.
Senna, 27, the nephew of the late triple world champion Ayrton, has recognised he now has few options with no realistic vacancies anywhere else.
"Maybe he [Kolles] is right," said Senna. "The situation is difficult."
"I didn't really have the opportunity to show what I could do last year," added Senna, whose team failed to score a point last year. "I had various problems and that didn't help me for this season.
"We are in talks for the few opportunities that are still open but I can't say it's very easy at the moment. Even Nico Hulkenberg is struggling to find a competitive seat.
"We may see some talents wasted because of the current situation. I hope I can take any opportunities that are available. You never know."
Spanish-owned Hispania announced on Friday they had signed Indian Narain Karthikeyan, who last raced in Formula 1 in 2005 for Jordan, as one of their 2011 drivers.
The only remaining vacancies, apart from the second Hispania seat, are now at Force India, who are expected to opt for Germany's Adrian Sutil and Briton Paul di Resta.
However, Italian Vitantonio Liuzzi and Germany's Hulkenberg, who raced for Williams last year before making way for Venezuelan Pastor Maldonado, are also under consideration.
The decision to sign Karthikeyan, 33, also dashed the immediate hopes of compatriot Karun Chandhok, who started 10 races for Hispania last year before being replaced by better-funded drivers at the Spanish-owned outfit.
Kolles said Austrian Christian Klien and Japan's Sakon Yamamoto, who both raced for Hispania last year, remained in the frame along with others.
"There are a few drivers we are talking about," he said.