Mosley agreed the new deal with F1 teams on Friday night
The future of Formula 1 has been secured after the sport's governing body and 12 teams put pen to paper on a new Concorde Agreement.
The agreement, which runs until the end of 2012, brings to a close months of wrangling between the FIA and the Formula 1 Teams' Association (Fota).
The FIA said the signing heralds "a renewed period of stability" for F1.
It added that the document features a "slightly revised set of stable sporting and technical regulations."
The lack of a new Concorde deal - the document that sets out how F1 is run and its revenues distributed - had been a key sticking point during disagreements between the FIA and Fota earlier this season.
However, the signing of the new agreement heralds a final resolution to the political rows that have destabilised the sport throughout 2009.
An FIA statement on Saturday read: "Following approval by the World Motor Sport Council (WMSC), late last night FIA President Max Mosley signed the 2009 Concorde Agreement, heralding a renewed period of stability for the FIA Formula One World Championship.
"The WMSC has also approved a slightly revised set of stable Sporting and Technical Regulations (to apply from the 2010 Championship onwards), which have been agreed by the FIA and the Teams and which will be published on the FIA's website.
"The new Concorde Agreement, which runs until 31 December 2012, provides for a continuation of the procedures in the 1998 Concorde Agreement, with decisions taken by working groups and commissions, upon which all teams have voting rights, before going to the WMSC for ratification.
The FIA statement also confirmed that a final agreement had been reached over the issue of cost-cutting along lines previously agreed.
"In addition, as agreed in Paris on 24 June 2009, the Teams have entered into a resource restriction agreement, which aims to return expenditure to the levels that prevailed in the early 1990s," read the statement.
BMW Sauber, who this week confirmed they would pull out of F1 at the end of the season, are the only current team to have not signed the document, with new grand prix teams USF1, Campos Meta and Manor GP all doing so.
It is understood BMW's bosses have until Wednesday 5 August to sign the document should they elect to stay in F1 in 2010 and beyond.
F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone expressed his pleasure at the resolution, suggesting that delays in the agreement had resulted from a clash between the teams and Mosley.
Ecclestone had said a breakaway would be a 'disaster' for F1
"It's taken a long time because we've now got this team trade union which is difficult to operate because inside the trade union there is all the teams which in themselves are trade unions and they can't agree themselves what they want to do," Ecclestone told BBC 5 Live's Sportsweek programme.
"They've been opposed to Max Mosley who wants to reduce the costs, which has proved to be necessary and that's what its all been about.
"They think Max has run things the way he wants to and in the end they wanted to do their own Championship, which they should have known they couldn't do anyway.
"It's all done now, everybody's signed so it's all good."
F1 was thrown into confusion in July when the eight teams in the rebel umbrella group Fota were told they were not entered in the 2010 championship.
This contradicted an announcement by the FIA's world council on 24 June which listed McLaren, Ferrari, Renault, BMW, Toyota, Brawn, Red Bull and Toro Rosso as confirmed entries after Max Mosley, president of F1's governing body the FIA, had reached a compromise deal with Fota chairman and Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo and Ecclestone.
As part of that agreement, the outline of next year's rules was set, the teams agreed to commit to F1 until 2012, Mosley's plan for a £40m budget cap was replaced with an agreement to reduce costs to "mid-1990s levels" by Fota's methods and the FIA president agreed not to stand again for the governing body's presidence in October's elections.