Red Bull have dropped driver Christian Klien for the rest of the season after he turned down the team's offer of a Champ Car drive next season.
Klien says he wants to stay in F1 next season
The Austrian will be replaced by test driver Robert Doornbos for this year's three remaining Grands Prix.
Klien had already lost his Red Bull F1 drive for next year to Mark Webber.
"Further to Christian's recent decision, we have released him to focus on the next stage of his career," said Red Bull team boss Christian Horner.
"Having done a solid job for us in the third car this season and having previously competed in eight Grands Prix, Robert is the logical replacement.
"He will start preparing for his Red Bull Racing debut at the team's test in Jerez this week."
To get out on to the race track on Sunday is what it's all about
Doornbos, who has tested for Red Bull all season, is looking forward to getting back to racing in Shanghai in three weeks.
"It's fantastic to know that I'm going to be racing again, I'm really looking forward to it," he said.
"Friday testing and helping the team this year has been great experience, but to get back out on to the race track on Sunday is what it's all about.
"I've got to know the guys at Red Bull Racing really well this season, so I'll be working with them all closely to do the best job I can for the team and myself."
Klien is tipped for a role with the new Spyker team after the Dutch sportscar maker bought the struggling Midland team.