Japan's planned Super Aguri Formula One team have insisted they will re-apply for next year's grid after being left off the list of 2006 entrants.
Former F1 racer Aguri Suzuki is fronting the team
The FIA, motorsport's governing body, excluded Super Aguri from its list of teams for next year on Thursday.
But team boss Aguri Suzuki said: "Our goal is still to have two cars on the grid for the start of next year.
"Based on talks with the FIA we have decided to begin the registration process again."
No reason was given for the FIA rejection, but new applicants must pay a $48m bond and reports suggest that guarantee had not been forthcoming.
Super Aguri had hoped to enter with engines and technical support from Honda.
They had also been talking to former Minardi owner Paul Stoddart about buying four-year-old Arrows cars.
This was due to problems in overcoming regulations preventing teams from using cars designed and built by existing entrants.
The team's omission from the entry list dashed the hopes of former BAR driver Takuma Sato.
The Japanese driver was dropped by the Honda-owned team at the end of the season and had hoped for an immediate return to F1.
This leaves Japan without a grand prix driver for next season, which starts on 12 March in Bahrain.
A late entry remains a possibility if the team can secure the unanimous agreement of all the other entrants before the season begins.
Super Aguri say Mosley has told them they can re-apply
And the team insist that FIA president Max Mosley has given them permission to re-apply.
"(Mosley) said he would welcome a Japanese team but the other teams have to say OK. That could be a little difficult," said Suzuki's business partner Fumito Akita.
"Going from 10 teams to 11 teams means less TV income for each team.
"Finishing places would also be at stake. I don't know what level we would be racing at but some teams wouldn't want to be finishing behind us."
The official list also confirmed that Portugal's Tiago Monteiro would take the second seat at the new Midland team replacing Jordan.
McLaren, runners-up in the 2005 championship despite winning more races than Renault, were listed without a title sponsor following the departure of cigarette brand West.
BAR's name changes to Lucky Strike Honda Racing F1 team following Honda's decision to buy out founders British American Tobacco.
No drivers were listed for Scuderia Toro Rosso, who replace minnows Minardi after the team was bought out by Red Bull and renamed.
The other vacant slot on the list was at the new BMW-Sauber team.
But that was filled earlier on Thursday when they confirmed that Canadian former champion Jacques Villeneuve would be seeing out his contract.