Scotland Wales Northern Ireland
BBC Homepage feedback | low graphics version
BBC Sport Online
You are in: In Depth: Heineken Cup  
Front Page 
Rugby Union 
Rugby League 
Other Sports 
Sports Talk 
In Depth 
Photo Galleries 
TV & Radio 
BBC Pundits 
Question of Sport 
Funny Old Game 

Around The Uk

BBC News

BBC Weather

banner Saturday, 21 April, 2001, 13:10 GMT 14:10 UK
Clockwatch: Stade 16-15 Munster

All the action, minute by minute, from Lille as Munster are beaten by Stade Francais in the semi-final of the Heineken Cup.

The latest action comes first - please hit "refresh" for updates and scroll down for earlier action.

Full-time: Stade Francais 16-15 Munster

Munster cannot manage to mount a potential match-winning attack and Stade Francais go through to the final.

88 mins: O'Gara sends over another penalty so there is just one point in it entering the final minute of normal time.

73 mins: Stade fullback Christophe Dominici goes to the sinbin after being shown the yellow card for a stamping offence.

70 mins: O'Gara is successful with a straightforward penalty to leave Munster only four points adrift.

67 mins: O'Gara misses another chance to cut Stade's lead, missing another penalty.

62 mins: O'Gara puts another penalty attempt wide of the posts so Stade remain seven points ahead.

52 mins: Munster are denied a god try when John O'Neill runs on to a Peter Stringer kick and gets the ball down before crashing into the corner flagpost. But referee Chris White ruled that the winger had collided with the post before touching down although the video showed it was a legitimate score.

48 mins: Stade are penalised for obstruction and O'Gara scores his third penalty of the match.

Half-time: Stade Francais 16-6 Munster

36 mins: O'Gara is wide with a penalty as Munster try to reduce the arrears.

34 mins: Centre Cliff Mytton scores the first try of the match after Stade broke down the middle. Dominguez adds another two points with a simple conversion.

Michael Mullins
Michael Mullins of Munster is tackled by Richard Pool-Jones

32 mins: Dominguez puts Stade into the lead for the third time with another penalty.

28 mins: Stade are penalised for obstruction and O'Gara strikes a superb 40-metre kick to level the scores.

20 mins: Munster gift Stade another penalty which Dominguez converts from 30 metres.

15 mins: Italian outhalf Dominguez is wide with a long-range penalty attempt.

5 mins: Ronan O'Gara brings Munster level with a penalty from 27 metres out.

3 mins: Diego Dominguez slots over the first penalty for Stade Francais.

Stade Francais: Dominici, Lombard, Mytton, Comba, Poulain, Dominguez, Williams, Marconnet, Landreau, De Villiers, Auradou, James, Moni, Juillet, Pool-Jones.

Replacements: Blin, Collazo, Berthe, George, Tabacco, Gomes, Laussucq.

Munster: Crotty, Horgan, Mullens, Holland, J. O'Neill, O'Gara, Stringer, P. Clohessy, Sheahan, Hayes, Galwey, Langford, O'Callaghan, Wallace, Foley.

Replacements: Horan, Blaney, O'Driscoll, McMahon, Prendergast, Mahony, Keane.

Referee: Chris White (England)

Search BBC Sport Online
Advanced search options
See also:

20 Apr 01 |  Heineken Cup
Stringer and Wallace fit
19 Apr 01 |  Heineken Cup
Wallace more optimistic
18 Apr 01 |  Heineken Cup
Tough task ahead for Munster
Links to top Heineken Cup stories are at the foot of the page.

Links to other Heineken Cup stories

^^ Back to top