Saltman has 28 days to appeal against the European Tour's decision
Elliot Saltman has been banned from golf for three months after being found guilty of a "serious breach" of regulations at a Challenge Tour event.
The Scottish golfer is accused of marking his ball incorrectly during the first round of the Russian Challenge Cup in September.
The 28-year-old was disqualified from the event and attended a disciplinary hearing in Abu Dhabi on Monday.
Saltman has 28 days to appeal against the European Tour's suspension.
A statement from the European Tour read: "The committee unanimously found that Elliot Saltman had committed a serious breach of the 2010 Challenge Tour Members Regulations during the first round of the Russian Challenge Cup.
I accepted what was said at the time [in Moscow] because I was in shock and I didn't want to be labelled a cheat. I am sorry now that I didn't stand up for myself
"It was the finding of the Tournament Committee that Elliot Saltman, who was disqualified from the Russian Challenge Cup, be suspended from participating in all European Tour and Challenge Tour sanctioned tournaments for a period of three months, starting on 19 January, 2011.
"Under Challenge Tour regulations Elliot Saltman, who attended the disciplinary hearing in Abu Dhabi, has the right to lodge an appeal before the board of The European Tour. This appeal must be lodged within 28 days."
Speaking after winning his Tour card at the qualifying school in Spain last month, Saltman said: "I accepted what was said at the time [in Moscow] because I was in shock at the time and I didn't want to be labelled a cheat.
"I am sorry now that I didn't stand up for myself."
Edinburgh-born Saltman is the first player to be prevented from playing on the European Tour since Sweden's Johan Tumba, who was banned for 10 years in 1992 after altering his scorecard at the qualifying school.