Daly has courted controversy throughout his career
John Daly has insisted he is not quitting golf, despite claiming that he was "done" with the game on Friday.
After missing the cut at the Farmers Insurance Open in San Diego, Daly told the Golf Channel: "I'm done... I can't play like I used to."
However, 24 hours later the two-time major winner said on Twitter: "I'm not retired and never said I was retiring.
"The interview caught me after a tough two days and much frustration. All my sponsors want me to continue to play."
The American, who shot rounds of 79 and 71 this week at Torrey Pines to miss the cut by eight strokes, added: "I'm going to honour the commitments to the tournaments that have given me sponsors' exemptions and will continue to try and get them this year."
Last year Daly cast doubt over his career after firing an 88 at the Buick Open - however, he was back on the Tour by the end of the season.
The colourful American, who has battled alcohol and gambling addictions, is never far from controversy.
The first half of 2009 saw him suspended by the PGA Tour for conduct detrimental to golf's image and he instead competed on the European Tour.
On returning to the United States, he played in six tournaments, missing two cuts and withdrawing from another.
A reality programme following Daly's lifestyle is due to be screened on The Golf Channel in March.
However, he denied his latest comments were a publicity stunt for the programme, saying: "Not my style."