HSBC World Matchplay:
Montgomerie lost to Els in the 1994 final at Wentworth
Thursday 11-14 October
Live coverage: BBC TV with updates on Radio 5live & the BBC Sport website
Colin Montgomerie will face six-time winner Ernie Els in the first round of the World Match Play at Wentworth.
Montgomerie, the 1999 champion, is the 15th seed of the 16 players chasing the £1m first prize from Thursday.
South African Els, the highest-ranked player in the draw at five in the world rankings, has yet to win this year.
Defending champion and top seed Paul Casey starts against American Jerry Kelly while Open champion Padraig Harrington takes on Dane Anders Hansen.
Justin Rose plays American Hunter Mahan while US Open champion Angel Cabrera tackles former US Open winner Retief Goosen.
Tiger Woods, who lost on the opening day last year, and Sergio Garcia are among the leading players to have turned down chances to play in the prestigious event.
Full draw (seeded position in brackets):
0815 and 1245
(1) Paul Casey (Eng) v (16) Jerry Kelly (US)
0827 and 1257
(8) Retief Goosen (SA) v (9) Angel Cabrera (Arg)
0839 and 1309
(5) Justin Rose (Eng) v (12) Hunter Mahan (US)
0851 and 1321
(4) Rory Sabbatini (SA) v (13) Soren Hansen (Den)
0903 and 1333
(3) Padraig Harrington (Ire) v (14) Anders Hansen (Den)
0915 and 1345
(6) Henrik Stenson (Swe) v (11) Woody Austin (US)
0927 and 1357
(7) Niclas Fasth (Swe) v (10) Andres Romero (Arg)
0939 and 1409
(2) Ernie Els (SA) v (15) Colin Montgomerie (Sco)