Wrexham manager Denis Smith says he is assembling a squad capable of pushing for promotion next season.
Smith can see light at the end of the tunnel for Wrexham
Striker Neil Roberts became the third new recruit of the close season on Tuesday, while the majority of last season's players have re-signed.
"The signings are excellent," Smith told BBC Sport. "The team looks strong and we've got a chance of competing.
"If you'd have asked me a couple of weeks ago, I'd have been very dubious about our chances."
Smith should get another boost on Friday when the Football League is expected to approve the club's takeover bid by local businessmen.
This will end Wrexham's 19-month spell in administration.
"We're determined to go forward under the new regime," Smith added.
"They have done everything they can to help. Everyone is pulling together and it's important we keep driving on because there's a lot of work still to do.
"But I'm an extremely happy man now I've got a squad to work with."
Roberts joins Chris Llewellyn and Steve Evans in joining Wrexham on a free transfer.
The Dragons had already signed Mark Jones, Danny Williams, Lee McEvilly, Shaun Pejic, Lee Roche, Simon Spender, Levi Mackin, Mike Williams and Marc Williams on new contracts.
Striker Jon Walters has left for Chester, but former favourite Juan Ugarte is expected to return after failing to make the grade at Crewe.