Former Wolves midfielder Paul Ince has criticised the club for allowing him to leave after the arrival of Mick McCarthy as manager.
Ince has spent four seasons with Wolves
The 38-year-old, who was overlooked for the job of manager at Molineux, said he will continue to play and also look to move into coaching at a new club.
"I have not been contacted by the new manager in terms of staying," he said.
"They do not seem to value my involvement on the coaching side, whereas other potential clubs have."
Ince had been discussing the possibility of a new playing deal at the time of previous boss Glenn Hoddle's departure.
He applied for the manager's job but has not reported to training since McCarthy took over last Friday.
"Each summer over past four years I have had many offers to leave Wolverhampton Wanderers, and it has been the same this summer," added Ince.
"Now that time has come.
"I will study all my options but will definitely look to play and continue to develop my long-term aims in coaching next season."
McCarthy confirmed on Wednesday that the veteran midfielder would not be returning to Molineux.
"I have not spoken to Paul but he won't be coming back," he told the club's website.
"I had made my decision but I wanted to talk to him first."
Ince had been with Wolves for four seasons after joining the club in August 2002 on a free from Middlesbrough.
He made 131 appearances for the club, scoring 12 goals.
The former England midfielder started his career at West Ham, before moves to Manchester United, Inter Milan and Liverpool.