New boss Redknapp has not yet had a chance to work with Giovani
Tottenham's Mexico international forward Giovani dos Santos has been boosted by the news that he will not require surgery on an ankle sprain.
The 19-year-old picked up the injury in training last week and it was feared he could face a long spell out of action.
But he had the damage examined under anaesthetic on Tuesday and was told he could be back in action within a month.
"Giovani will begin his rehabilitation and is expected to be sidelined for up to four weeks," said a Spurs statement.
Spurs boss Redknapp is keen for the youngster to return to fitness as soon as possible, and said before the specialist's examination: "Hopefully the outcome will be positive so he can return sooner rather than later.
This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.