Tottenham sporting director Damien Comolli says Dimitar Berbatov is not seeking a move away from the club.
Ramos sees Berbatov as an important part of Spurs' plans
Berbatov, 26, was first choice under former manager Martin Jol but was not included in Juande Ramos's first Premiership line-up on Saturday.
"I met with Dimitar's agent and he assured me Dimitar is not looking for a move in January," said Comolli.
"He is on a long-term contract with us and Juande Ramos sees him as an important part of our plans."
At the end of this season Berbatov will be halfway through a four-year contract after joining Spurs from Bayer Leverkusen in the summer of 2006 in a £10.9m deal.
New boss Ramos dropped Berbatov to the bench on Saturday against Middlesbrough, a game that ended 1-1.
Media reports have previously suggested that Manchester United were interested in signing the Bulgaria striker.
Berbatov's agent Emil Dantchev has played down the significance of his meeting with Comolli and suggested the player is happy at White Hart Lane.
"I don't see why having coffee with him means there is difficulty for Berbatov at Tottenham," he said.
"It is a normal meeting; Dimitar is under contract with Tottenham and it is just a meeting to discuss general questions, nothing special."
When asked about the reported interest from Old Trafford, Dantchev added: "That question is formulated from a situation that doesn't exist.
"If there is something concrete, of course everyone will hear the information but don't make a question for something that doesn't happen at the moment."