Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy insists manager Martin Jol has his 100% support and says no-one has been offered the coach's job at White Hart Lane.
Tottenham boss Jol's future has been in doubt
Sevilla coach Juande Ramos claimed this week he had rejected a "dizzying" offer to replace Jol, which Spurs denied.
Jol's future was in doubt after Spurs lost the first two games of the season.
"No-one has been offered a job either now or in the preceding nearly three years that Martin has been manager," Levy told the Spurs website.
"Martin has my 100% support and I'd like the fans to understand they need to take the last few days in the context of what we think has been significant progress over the last six years.
"As far as I am concerned the whole matter is behind us now. Martin and I have all the confidence that we can move this club forward again.
"We need to aim to be in the top four. I very much hope that we will be there and Martin believes he has got the squad, but obviously there can be no guarantees."
The 51-year-old Jol came under pressure after the two losses - to Sunderland and Everton - in the first four days of the season following a £40m summer outlay on players.
Ramos, Portsmouth boss Harry Redknapp and Italy's World Cup-winning coach Marcello Lippi had been linked to Spurs as possible replacements for Jol.
Tottenham officials were reported to have met the Ramos camp last weekend.
And despite Spurs' 4-0 win over Derby, Ramos said: "They made an excellent, dizzying offer but I'm under contract and my decision is to fulfil it."
Spurs denied making any offer and issued a statement on Tuesday saying Jol's job is safe, though the club stressed it expects Champions League football.