Portsmouth have agreed a fee with the administrators of
Wimbledon for highly-rated midfielder Nigel Reo-Coker.
Coker has established himself as first-team regular at Wimbledon
Pompey chief executive Peter Storrie is due to hold talks with the 19-year-old's agent about the youngster's personal terms.
Reo-Coker's representative Tony Finnigan said: "Five Premiership clubs want him and Wimbledon's
administrators have agreed a deal with Portsmouth.
"I'm meeting Peter Storrie. I was trying to meet the administrators to discuss Nigel but I'm now meeting them on Wednesday."
Trevor Phillips, spokesman for Wimbledon's administrators Andy Hosking and
Nick Wood, said: "I can't confirm or deny this as it's our policy not to
discuss individual player matters."
Former Dons scholar Reo-Coker only made his first-team debut 13 months ago but
was almost an ever-present last season, making 37 appearances.
Portsmouth are hoping to take advantage of the major financial problems at
Hosking and Wood are slashing costs and last week made 11 of the club's 40
non-playing staff redundant.
No-one at Wimbledon was available for comment.