Middlesbrough's new signing Afonso Alves has been granted a work permit and will join up with Gareth Southgate's squad on Wednesday.
Brazilian Alves scored 35 goals for Heerenveen last season
The Brazilian sealed his move from Dutch club Heerenveen on transfer deadline day last Thursday.
The 27-year-old missed his side's draw at Newcastle on Sunday because his final working permit had not arrived from the British Embassy in Holland.
But the relevant paperwork has now been processed, leaving Alves free to train.
The Brazil international striker could now make his Middlesbrough debut at home to Fulham on Saturday.
Southgate had been called into reassuring fans that the club would not lose their new signing to a legal challenge.
Dutch club AZ Alkmaar claimed they have a pre-contract agreement with Alves.
Alkmaar say they will take their case to Fifa, despite the Dutch FA already ruling that the agreement is invalid.
AZ chairman Dirk Scheringa said: "We have a water-tight contract with him."
Scheringa told Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf: "He really has a chance of getting banned from playing for the rest of the season."
Alves - signed for a reported £12m - disputes the claim, and Southgate said: "The only thing that can happen is there could be compensation between Heerenveen and Alkmaar.
"The player has got international clearance and is registered to the Premier League so there's no way that a ban can happen."