Mansfield Town have had their ground capacity increased to around 7,300 for this month's FA Cup fourth-round tie against Middlesbrough.
Field Mill should be full when Boro visit (Getty Images)
The capacity had been cut back to 5,457 because of safety concerns but a problem with the turnstiles and other issues have been resolved.
If the game on Saturday, 26 January sells out, Field Mill will be 80% full for the televised tie.
The match, which kicks off at 1230 GMT, will be screened live on BBC One.
Chairman James Derry said he was delighted that safety officials had given them the go-ahead.
He told BBC Radio Nottingham: "We've had problems with the turnstile but we believe now at long last we've got to the bottom of it and that should sort the problems out once and for all.
We could sell the seats twice over so need to get as many fans in as we can
"There wasn't a signal being sent to the computer in the control room which monitors the number of people going through that turnstile and that was the issue."
Derry had promised to do all he could to try to increase the capacity in time for the Boro game, saying the Stags "could sell the seats twice over so need to get as many fans in as we can".
The decision to increase the limit came at a Nottinghamshire County Council Safety Advisory Group (SAG) meeting on Wednesday.
Mansfield's fourth-round tie against Middlesbrough will be televised on BBC One on Saturday, 26 January at 1230 GMT.