Ferguson refuses to speak to media after Liverpool game
Ferguson was silent after Sunday's loss to Liverpool
Sir Alex Ferguson refused to speak to media rights holders on Sunday following the game at Liverpool, which Manchester United lost 3-1.
The United manager did not talk to host broadcaster Sky Sports, radio rights holders TalkSport and the club's television channel MUTV.
His assistant Mike Phelan did not carry out his usual post-match engagements with the BBC.
The decision not to speak to the media was made before the game.
Should any of the media organisations complain to the Premier League, the governing body would be forced to act.
Officials under too much pressure says referees union boss
Ferguson has not given a post-match interview to the BBC since 2004 after a BBC Three documentary about his son Jason, who was then working as a football agent.
The Premier League was due to discuss Ferguson's BBC boycott, which is in contravention of its rules, late last year, but if any fines were imposed for his non-compliance they have yet to be made public.
However, it is believed no media organisation has ever lodged an official complaint over the issue.
United have lost their last two league games against Chelsea and Liverpool.
However, Ferguson's side remain top of the table but second-placed Arsenal are only three points behind with a game in hand.
His action was also prompted by the furore that surrounded Wayne Rooney's elbowing of Wigan's James McCarthy last weekend.
Ferguson said he had "feared the worst" when referee Martin Atkinson was appointed for the game at Stamford Bridge with Chelsea, which United lost 2-1 after leading at half-time.
He denies the charge and will have a personal hearing at a date no later than 25 March.
The Scot also has two matches of a four-game ban from last season hanging over him after remarks about referee Alan Wiley.
It is not yet known whether the media blackout will continue this week, with United set to Arsenal in the FA Cup quarter-finals on Saturday, although discussions are bound to take place behind the scenes.
However, defender Rio Ferdinand, who was not at Anfield because he is recovering from a calf injury, offered his opinion via social networking site Twitter.
This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.