Manchester United have dismissed reports that striker Louis Saha has suffered another major injury setback.
Saha has a "slight knock" not a serious injury, Man Utd say
Several newspapers said on Sunday that the injury-plagued 29-year-old had damaged knee ligaments and could be out for the rest of the season.
But chief executive David Gill told BBC Radio 5 Live the France international had a "slight knock - he is certainly not out for the rest of the season".
United would not be doing any business in the transfer window, Gill added.
"I don't think there will be any purchases in the transfer window," he said.
"We invested heavily last summer and believe we have a very good squad that can really go for the honours in the balance of the season.
Rooney is a world-class footballer and we will make sure we keep him for many, many years
Man Utd chief executive
"We will assess in the summer as well always do and see where things have gone well and not so well, and see where we can strengthen."
United have been in sparkling attacking form this season despite Saha's intermittent appearances, largely because of the form of Cristiano Ronaldo, Wayne Rooney and new Argentine signing Carlos Tevez.
Gill said on Friday that the club would not sell Ronaldo at any price, and he said on Sunday that Rooney fell into the same category.
"We made it clear Cristiano would never be for sale," Gill said. "Wayne and a number of other key players fit into that category.
"Rooney is a world-class footballer and 22 years old, not only a great player but very popular around the club. He absolutely loves the club and we will make sure we keep him for many, many years."
Saha has been dogged by a series of injuries since his £12.8m move to Old Trafford from Fulham in 2004.
He had knee surgery in the summer and has scored four goals so far this season.
Injuries meant Saha started just 18 league games for United last season, scoring eight goals as they won the Premiership title.