Manchester United chief executive Peter Kenyon has shrugged off speculation that Ryan Giggs could be on his way to Inter Milan at the end of the season.
Giggs has spent his whole career at Old Trafford
Inter president Massimo Moratti confirmed at the weekend his club would table a bid for the Welsh winger this summer.
And while Kenyon refused to rule out the possibility of Giggs switching to the San Siro, he said he is not willing to get embroiled in such speculation at this stage of the season.
"Transfer talk seems to start earlier every year," he said.
"It's too soon to say whether we would even consider a bid, and all we want to do at the moment is concentrate on this season.
"What we don't want to do is disrupt our season."
He is the type of player the fans will love here. We are confident that if a deal can be done, we will do it
Inter president Massimo Moratti
Giggs has endured one of his most inconsistent campaigns since he broke into the United side as a teenager.
Manager Sir Alex Ferguson has publicly backed the player, who was booed off after a poor performance in the Worthington Cup semi-final against Blackburn last month.
The 29-year-old looked like he had rediscovered his form, but a woeful miss in the FA Cup defeat to Arsenal resulted in further disenchantment from the Old Trafford stands.
And that sparked renewed optimism from Moratti that a speculative summer bid might be accepted.
"Every year there's talk of us getting Giggs and although I think Manchester United are still keen on him, I believe an offer will be considered," Moratti told the Sunday Mirror newspaper.
"The fact is we like him and we will be making an offer in the summer.
"He is the type of player the fans will love here. We are confident that if a deal can be done, we will do it."
The Sunday Mirror also claimed that Giggs was considering a move to the San Siro because of an alleged rift in the United changing room.