Rafael Benitez makes donation to Hillsborough families
Benitez attended a Hillsborough memorial service at Anfield last year
Former Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has made a £96,000 donation to the Hillsborough Family Support Group.
The group was founded by families who lost loved ones in the Hillsborough Disaster in April 1989 which resulted in the deaths of 96 Liverpool fans.
Benitez, whose Anfield reign ended last week, supported the organisation during his six years in charge of the Reds.
The 50-year-old Spaniard was confirmed on Thursday as the new coach of European champions Inter Milan.
"When he handed the cheque over to me he was very emotional, as I was and the committee was, especially when we saw the amount," said Margaret Aspinall, chairman of the Hillsborough Family Support Group.
"He just said that he wanted to help with the cause and hoped we get what we rightly deserve.
"We have lots of things that we spend money on; a memorial every year, upkeep of the office and expenses but Rafa just said as long as it helps the group then that's all that matters."
This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.