Newcastle, Nottingham Forest & West Brom chase Moses
By John Sinnott
Teenager Moses has been linked with a host of clubs around Europe
Newcastle United have joined Nottingham Forest and West Brom in the race to sign Crystal Palace star Victor Moses.
The 19-year-old forward, who has been linked with a host of top domestic and European clubs, will be sold before the close of the transfer window on Monday.
With Palace in administration, Moses is the club's most valuable asset.
"Victor will have the final say as to the club he joins," Moses' agent Tony Finnegan told BBC Sport. "We live in a democracy - his wish is paramount."
Prior to going into administration, Palace had been looking for as much as £5m for Moses, but the club's administrators, P&A Partnership of Sheffield and Leeds, might get as little as £2m for the striker.
"It's been documented that we are very interested in signing the lad," said Newcastle manager Chris Hughton.
"Most people are also aware of the circumstances with Crystal Palace and the situation they are in, and we hope to make progress on that over the next couple of days.
"He is a player who has an ability to score goals. There is power and pace, but it is his potential."
P&A have appointed the Wasserman Media Group, who represent Michael Owen, to field bids for Moses, whose future is likely to be resolved on Monday.
Ahead of Palace's 2-0 defeat at Newcastle on Wednesday, Brendan Guilfoyle, joint administrator of the cash-strapped London club, instructed Eagles manager Neil Warnock not to play Moses to prevent the youngster potentially suffering an injury.
Earlier this week Guilfoyle said that Moses' sale could assist "securing the future of the football club."
Last Saturday, over 20 scouts watched Moses when he played for Palace in their FA Cup fourth round 2-2 draw with Wolves - the last game he will play for the Eagles - though as yet no Premier League club has made an official bid.
Having gone into administration, Palace have no say on how much or which club Moses will be sold to.
"His price will go down with the club in administration," added Finnegan, who pointed out that West Ham bought Nigel Reo-Coker for only £500,000 after Wimbledon were put in administration.
The 19-year-old, who moved to England at the age of 11 after the murder of his parents in Nigeria, has been linked with moves to Tottenham, Liverpool and Wigan as well as West Brom, Forest and Newcastle.
Real Madrid, Barcelona and Manchester City are also reportedly watching the forward, who can play wide or through the middle.
This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.