Coyle guided Burnley to England's top flight for the first time in 33 years
Burnley manager Owen Coyle has signed an extended contract which will tie him to Turf Moor until 2013.
The 42-year-old Scot guided the Clarets to the Premier League via the play-offs last month, only to be linked with the then vacancy at boyhood heroes Celtic.
But Coyle rapidly made it clear that he would be staying put at Turf Moor.
"Everybody knows my feelings for the club," he told BBC Radio Lancashire. "It stops all the speculation. Now we need to look to move the club on."
Coyle's four-year deal is a reward for the achievement of helping the Clarets return to the top flight for the first time in 33 years.
We saw in Owen that he had the determination and is a natural winner
Burnley operations director Brendan Flood
The once-capped former Republic of Ireland international joined Burnley in November 2007 after a successful spell managing St Johnstone.
Having helped the club avoid relegation in his first season in charge, the 2008/09 campaign proved memorable as the Clarets came within minutes of securing a Carling Cup final place before going on to seal promotion at Wembley.
Despite then being installed as the bookies' favourite to replace Gordon Strachan, Paisley-born boyhood Celtic fan Coyle quickly declared his intention to remain in Lancashire.
Instead, the Celtic job ironically went to Tony Mowbray, manager of West Bromwich Albion, the relegated Championship club with whom Burnley have swapped places.
And Coyle reiterated his commitment to the Clarets at a Turf Moor press conference on Thursday afternoon.
"I said during the course of the season that the players I brought in weren't coming in for the sake of a short fix," he told BBC Radio Lancashire.
"I was bringing them in for the longevity of the club and to improve everything here. So it would have been rash of me wanting them to stay but, if something else came up, I'd leave."
During recent negotiations with Coyle, chairman Barry Kilby said: "Owen's very happy here at Burnley and I hope he will be here for many more years to come."
Burnley kick off their 2009/10 Premier League campaign against Stoke City at the Britannia Stadium on 15 August. And Clarets operations director Brendan Flood believes Coyle's signature will further boost the club's reputation.
"It's a dream," said Flood. "We're still pinching ourselves.
"Owen had the sternest test of his commitment during the celebration of the play-off final.
"Celtic approached us within an hour of the win so it could not have been any tougher for him, but he's still here.
"We saw in Owen that he had the determination and is a natural winner. He says the right things and has the right attitude.
"Burnley isn't the place every manager would want to come, but the fans have huge expectations and we've lived off that for a long time. So now it's about making new traditions and that's what Owen's helping us to do."
This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.